From the beginning of 1908, in response to a request from the Bishop, the Sisters of Mercy began to teach at a small school in Crown Road, Fordsburg. At Fordsburg the classes were taught in a large hall lent by Mr Arthur Connolly, a baker and confectioner. This large room was well ventilated and when the Sisters took over on January 29 1908, the walls had been freshly coloured and the floor scrubbed white. The seating accommodation was enough for about forty children. All classes were taught in this one room.
This Ad has been viewed 74 times.