Loreto Convent School first opened its doors in 1878. The five Irish sisters who braved the journey across the seas were full of hope at this new endeavour. In the previous year the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart had admitted its first parishioners, and the school and the Cathedral have remained linked ever since. Indeed, Bishop Jolivet's sister, Mother Margaret Mary Jolivet, was among the party of nuns who welcomed the first pupils to the school.
This Ad has been viewed 168 times.