Saint Mary's School was established in 1936 by the Holy Rosary Missionary Sisters. At the time the school had two lower primary sections, one in Sharpeville and the other in Top Location which was later moved into Sharpeville. The school was later renamed Assumpta.
When in 1953 missionary schools were taken over by the state, Assumpta - like other Catholic schools - remained independent. The school struggled to keep qualified teachers because there was always a struggle to keep up their salaries.
This Ad has been viewed 168 times.